Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Litter coming

Tiggy had her xray and she has one (1) bun in the oven. So she will have a C-section. I wasn't surprised that she was only carrying one as she only had one her first litter as well. I can't tell you how excited I am! Though of course I'm nervous too. When you only have one you fret and pray that it will be a live, healthy puppy and that it will thrive.

We set up the whelping/puppy pen last night. Thankfully, hubby and my son were able to help as I couldn't remember for the life of me how the darn thing went together. My son loves things like those "K'nex" toys so he's a wiz at figuring out how to put things together. So it's all set up and ready to go.

All of my supplies are out and ready and the final thing I need to get is a tank of Oxygen. I'm hoping that she'll not try and have the puppy before her scheduled C-section. That might get a bit hairy. When a Pug is only carrying one puppy, that puppy can be too large to pass through the pelvis. Thus, the need for a C-section.

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: