Thursday, April 24, 2008

Puppies in our future

I've been watching Ingrid the last couple weeks for signs that she's in the family way and I am cautiously optimistic that she has little buns in the oven. A couple weeks after she was bred she had a bit of morning sickness and today she definitely looks thicker in her sides. Also her mammory tissue is fuller. While I'm not 100% positive, I do think the chances are quite good at this point. She'll have an xray about a week prior to her due date near the end of May.

This is an exciting breeding. For one reason, we used frozen semen from our past black champion, Kirby. While this is an outcross breeding, I think both parents will compliment one another. It will be interesting to see if we get any blacks. I expect these puppies to be heavy boned with very large pretty heads and great pigment.

Here is Ingrid with her litter of 6 babies she had last year.

2 comments:

Bronn. said...

Good luck Kelle! I hope you get a nice litter with a good split and at least ONE black!

Kelle said...

Thank you Bronn,

I'm hoping for at least one black baby. It's been quite a while since we've had blacks and would be nice to have some black babies to fuss over (:

Kelle